Monday, July 9, 2007

MOTHER-DAUGHTER TIME TOGETHER...Six Flags Great Escape at Lake George, NY. We got to the amusement park around 1 PM. The skies looked like a threat of rain, but it never happened. Therefore, the park wasn't too busy and lines for rides were reasonable.

Of course, my daughter with her TOMGIRLZ spirit loves rides! I don't. Anything that goes up and down, round and round, or fast leaves me with my heart in my throat. So how did we spend the day together? We actually had a wonderful time. The joy for me is watching her have fun. She went on the Comet Roller Coaster at least 10 times. The first time she was a little nervous going by herself. There was a really nice teenage girl about to go on and she offered to ride with my daughter. My daughter was thrilled. She made a new friend and from then on didn't care if she rode alone or not.

I went on the Raging River ride with her. That is a pretty easy going ride where you are seated in a tube and get squirted with water as you go around. I thought I would be smart and pulled a jacket over my head so I wouldn't get to wet. Unfortunately, the jacket was denim. It got soaked and stayed with for the rest of the day!

The bumper cars were fun...that's a ride that stays on the ground and was more my speed. Then the kicker. She got me to go on a ride called the Pirate Ship. It is like a giant swing that pushes you up in the air to the point that you feel like you are going to flip over. I was miserable and couldn't wait for the ride to be over. In fact, after riding the SHIP I couldn't even watch my daughter ride it without me. The bar doesn't strap you in and she's such a skinny little thing that I was freaking out that she could slip through. She didn't agree. I had to watch her ride that ship about 4 more times!

Aside from the rides, we enjoyed the dive show very much. Since my daughter is a gymnast, she really appreciated the diving skills and there was an acrobat that did some amazing stunts. Of course, when everyone in the audience went "Ooohhh" and "Ahhhh..." my daughter said, "That's easy!"

The food was a bit on the expensive side. $3.20 for a sip of soda?! That's worse than the movie theater! But all in all we had a wonderful time. We didn't leave the park until 9:30 that night and she slept the whole way home. It was a great mother-daughter day.

No comments: